The SEC method, autochthonous vine
At the end of 2002, Gianluigi Conese, Bari-born and educated accounts director at SEC who had launched into his career in Milan, suggested that the company management should set up a business challenge and help disseminate the culture of business communication and public relations throughout Apulia.
And so, in February 2003, SEC Mediterranea was founded in Bari and in the space of a few years it became a point of reference both for companies and institutions and also for the media, thanks to its original ability to combine reliability with versatility, conscientiousness with cheerfulness, and precision with creativity.
In addition to its own direct customers, it also manages those of Group members that are interested in being represented in the south of Italy, a vital requirement for many businesses, and an absolutely unique added value of SEC.
Gianluigi Conese, partner and managing director
Having graduated with distinction in Economics in 1992 from the University of Bari, from 1995 to 2002 he worked in the business communication sector in Milan, first at Publitalia ’80 (advertising sales agency of the Mediaset networks) and subsequently in public relations agencies. Since 1999 he has worked in Sec Relazioni Pubbliche e Istituzionali where he was mainly responsible for events and sponsorship and then for corporate and economic-financial media relations, initiating ‘Investor-Relations.it’, the first Italian web portal for financial communication. Between 2003 and 2006 he was president of the Apulian Marketing and Communication Club, an association founded with the purpose of disseminating the culture of marketing and communication on a regional level. In 2011 he became vice-president of the ‘Terziario Innovativo Comunicazione’ sector of Confindustria Bari and BAT.
Media & digital relations
SEC Mediterranea offers its customers
- the excellent quality and wide range of its relations with regional, national and foreign media (printed press, radio and television) and with digital media (portals, webzines etc.)
- a strategic approach managed on a day-to-day basis: press monitoring service to identify media opportunities and sidestep problems; promotion and development of the piece of news (communication, press conference, press lunch, exclusive, etc.) and its spokespersons (statements, interviews)
- care and development of the customer’s web reputation through relations with bloggers, the dissemination of news tailored for the web on websites, blogs and communities, interaction with social networks
- analyses and promotion of press clippings and digital news about the company according to the most accredited procedures.
Local presence, institutions and social responsibility
Setting up or running a factory, a property project, a set-off operation…a company can have many, customised requirements for dialoguing with a community and an agency with a strong local presence such as SEC Mediterranea can help the company to converse and negotiate with, listen to and gain popularity in the area where it is located. The agency assists customers in their relations with institutions, the academic world, associations (business, environmentalist, consumer, union, professional etc.), as well as the media. It also provides assistance in the form of monitoring the web and maintaining a web presence (blogs, communities, social networks), to build credibility and reputation, increase popularity and reduce the tendency to create conflicts within and beyond the company.
SEC Mediterranea can create and develop Corporate Social Responsibility programmes for its customers and so initiatives of environmental, cultural and social significance that favour their relations with strategic contacts (institutions, environmental, consumer, business, union, cultural and social organisations, etc.). It is also capable of creating reporting and communication tools that can be used to provide evidence of the party’s social responsibility, such as social reports, environmental balances, videos, exhibitions, etc.
Communication events and tools
Whether they take the form of a show or convention, whether they must be suited for institutional or marketing purposes, SEC Mediterranea can produce turnkey events, looking after both the creative concept of the event and the management of all the organisational aspects, from the choice of location to the layout and materials, the management of the services (catering, interpreters and translators, hostesses, etc.), guest invitation management (mailing lists, postal invitations and telephone recall service), to any ceremonial services and the management of sponsors.
Similarly, by relying on a local network of creative designers, graphic designers, web agencies and production companies as well as others located further afield, it can also assist its customers in
- creating and producing communication tools such as brochures and catalogues, house organs and newsletters, web sites and look & feels for social channels, videos and multimedia tools
- developing buzz projects and e-mail marketing, analyses of web conversations, Search Engine Optimization (article marketing, web writing, rewriting URLs, page optimisation).
SEC Mediterranea- key customers
- ANCE Bari
- ANCE Puglia
- Base Protection srl
- Biscottificio Di Leo Pietro SpA
- DCS Group srl
- Distretto produttivo dell’informatica pugliese
- Exprivia SpA
- Ferrotramviaria Spa
- Fondazione Megamark Onlus
- Gruppo Megamark (insegne A&O, Dok, Famila)
- Italian Leather Group
- Openwork srl
- Ordine degli Avvocati di Bari (relazioni media e digital PR)
Where to find us
via Nicola De Giosa, 55
mobile +39 335.7846403